Get connected with the people, businesses, organizations and programs that can assist with your needs to best enjoy your Visit Lauderdale experience.
The City of Fort Lauderdale is committed to serving the needs of all of its citizens and visitors, and our goal is to ensure access to information for a diverse audience. For more information, please call (954) 828-7275 (PARK) or email email@example.com.
Sebastian Street at A1A
- Accessible parking available at 3031 Sebastian St.
- Accessible showers
- Beach wheelchair is available from 10 AM to 4:30 PM at the Sebastian Street lifeguard tower. Please call (954) 828-4595 for assistance.
Fort Lauderdale Beach Park
- Accessible parking
- Accessible picnic tables and grills
- Accessible restrooms
- Accessible showers
Questions about ADA access can be addressed to the City of Hollywood City Manager’s Office, 954-921-3201.
Hollywood Beach is the first destination in Florida to offer DEP-approved wheelchair access mats, providing convenient access to the beach. The locations, from north to south, are:
• Carolina Street
• Connecticut Street (Charnow Park)
• Johnson Street (just south of Bandshell)
• New York Street
• ADA Ramp between Tyler St. and Harrison St.
• Harrison Street
• Oregon Street
• Magnolia Terrace
The public beach has two wheelchairs which make the beach accessible to our special needs residents and visitors. The beach chairs are available seven days a week on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information go to the Ocean Rescue Headquarters (50 N. Pompano Beach Blvd) or ask any lifeguard.
The City of Pompano Beach has a designated ADA Coordinator to facilitate assistance for disabled persons. The ADA Coordinator is able to assist members of the public with the provision of auxiliary aids and services for City meetings, programs and events with the support of all city departments. The ADA Coordinator also investigates and seeks to resolve any complaints regarding accessibility to City facilities or programs. ADA Coordinator Contact Information:
City Manager’s Office
100 W. Atlantic Blvd, Room 430
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Hugh Taylor Birch State Park is committed to providing and expanding a variety of accessible amenities to all of its visitors. Those amenities include:
- A beach wheelchair is available at our Ranger Station.
- Large-print versions of our park brochure are available upon request.
- Audio versions of our park brochure are available upon request.
- A 1-mile audio tour of the park is available free to all park guests.
- The quarter-mile Rail Trail is accessible to all.
- All large pavilions are accessible.
- Beach concession restroom.
- Our youth camp facility, with full Lodge and cabin 6 is accessible.
- Accessible picnic tables are located throughout the park.
A nonprofit that helps individuals with special needs learn job skills by making artisan scented soy candles.
- Special Needs Group
Provides a broad range of special needs equipment including wheelchair, power chair and scooter rentals, oxygen units and oxygen rentals, audio and visual aide rentals, baby crib rentals and other essential items. For our customers’ convenience, rental equipment is delivered directly to the cruise stateroom, the hotel, resort, theme park or convention center. With each delivery and pick-up, we experience the satisfaction of knowing we’ve just made someone’s trip more enjoyable, and perhaps even possible.
302 NW 1st Street, Dania Beach, FL 33004
954.585.0575 / 1.800.513.4515
- 211 Broward is the live, 24-hour comprehensive helpline, providing all people with crisis, health and human services support, and connecting them to resources in our community.
- Dan Marino Foundation - 954.368.6000 / 400 North Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Disability Inclusion Solutions - 1085 Papaya Street, Hollywood, FL 33020
- Insight for the Blind - 954.522.5057 / 1401 NE 4ve, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
- Lighthouse of Broward County - 954.463.4217 / 650 N Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311