Greater Fort Lauderdale is home to near-endless sunshine, great getaways - and countless stories to be told.
Below is a list of story ideas that highlight the richness and diversity found in Greater Fort Lauderdale. Feel free to use these ideas to seed your stories or blogs, feed your mind or add extra sources or resources to your reporting.
First, some fast facts:
- Greater Fort Lauderdale encompasses the majority of all metropolitan Broward County, Florida, and includes 31 cities and municipalities.
- Twenty-three miles of beaches and 300-plus miles of Intracoastal Waterway and navigable inland canals make Greater Fort Lauderdale the "Venice of America." Of our eight municipal beaches, five (Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea) are Blue Wave Certified by the Clean Beach Coalition.
- Some 14 million people a year visit Greater Fort Lauderdale spending $11.4 billion in the local economy.
- 11 cruise lines sail 39 ships from Port Everglades - carrying more than 3.8 million people in 2017 and employing more than 100,000 people.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, which serves 32.5 million passengers on 37 airlines each year.